Have we reached an all time low???
Alas, if I had to list my top five favorite activities, that list would not include vigorous exercise. List would look something like this….in no particular order.
3. Shopping for things to paint
4. Making things to snack on
5. Learning creative ways to balance snacks on the things I am painting. Ha!
Things that would actually constitute vigorous exercise in my life at this point? List would look something like this….in no particular order.
1. Reaching really really high for a snack in the top kitchen cabinets
2. Rolling over TWO times in bed to reach the tv remote
3. Carrying in the grocery bags of snacks from the van to the house
4. Flat ironing my hair (great arm workout)
5. Carrying the laptop all the way to the bedroom to look up snack recipes. Ha!
That being said….I could not decide yesterday if we had hit an all time low….or if I had truly married my soul mate as I walked out to get in the van and saw this.
This is my dear spouse. Taking out the trash. Moving it from our house….to the end of the driveway. Which is about 30-40 feet. I feel quite certain it would have taken more time to find the van keys, get in, situate the trash bag so it hung out the window correctly, and back up….than it would have to just walk the bag out there.
in his defense, we were headed out the door to work….and he announced that he had already taken all the other trash out on foot (surprised he wasnt napping to recover from that!) ha! THIS – he insisted – was the trash our children were able to produce in the last half hour before leaving for school!! I find that hard to believe since THAT trash would have been scattered all over the house…not nicely bagged up and ready for the DRIVEto the curb. 😀
So in realizing that my exercise program is lacking a bit….I found this handy little quiz on the mayo clinic website. Thought I’d fill it out and see where I stand…..
- Your pulse rate before and after you walk 1 mile (1.6 kilometers)
before… 80 beats per minute (while I’m sleeping). After….. Hyperventilating so badly I couldn’t actually get any reading at all… I’m guessing. 763 beats per minute.
- How long it takes you to walk 1 mile (1.6 kilometers)
left the house on Monday to walk a mile….returned on Thursday….but it was Thursday early morning so I’m gonna say only three days.
- How many push-ups you can do at a time
5 ….I pushed up a muffin to my face, I pushed up a Hershey bar to my face, I pushed up a diet coke to my face……after five I got full.
- How far you can reach forward while seated on the floor with your legs in front of you
Um…this seems like a trick question. Who can sit on the floor with their legs in front of them and do anything but dangle their arms to the side???
- Your waist circumference as measured around your bare abdomen just above your hipbone
really? My tape measures only go to 12 feet so I haven’t been able to get an exact number here. Tom kindly offered to stand me in the middle of the road and set the odometer and drive around me and clock a mileage number….but neither one of us wants to do the math to convert that to inches!
its best not to even try to calculate some things.
boutom line? Mayos advice was that I wrap up all loose ends and say goodby to those I love.